Friday, August 14, 2009

Trip to Switzerland ~ Day Six

Thursday - 2 July, 2009

Finally, the day had come. We were going to leave this wonderful country in the evening. It was time to bid farewell to this lovely apartment (Shawn Eamon had even told me that he liked this apartment when we first arrived!) So you wanna know why we liked this place so much? Read on then....

This was the house that we stayed at. The front yard is so big that Shawn Eamon really enjoyed playing football there.



The living room...with satellite TV.....



The balcony...


The bathroom....



The kitchen...



The quiet neighbourhood...



In front of one of the houses that we liked.


Another house that we liked around the neighbourhood....



Nice garage, eh?



After packing our things up, we started our journey to the Geneva Airport, which is 214km from Interlaken. We stopped for lunch after driving for an hour. Again, the view from the building that we had our lunch.....was breathtaking!







After reaching the airport area, we quickly looked for a petrol station where we could fill up our tank. That's the requirement from the car rental company. The tank was full when we took our car and so we must return it in the same condition. The petrol station is located next to the entry point of 'rental car'. It's actually a multi-storey car park and all the rental cars (regardless which company you rent your car from) have to be parked and returned at this place.

Bye-bye car.....

Do not worry if you have got lotsa luggage with you as there is a shuttle bus service (FOC) to send you to the terminals. Now this is what you call professionalism!

I couldn't believe that I was leaving this beautiful country. I left this country out while touring Europe 4 years ago as I didn't have enough time to cover it. To see this country in just 2 days was definitely not enough and that was why I left it out. I promised myself then that I would come with my parents one day....and it would be longer than just 2 days. I've made it and I promise myself again that I will visit this country again....to see the places that I've left out during this trip. There's just so much to see and do in this small country.

I'm so glad to have Shawn Eamon travelling with us. He has gained so much after this trip. Besides knowing the do's and don'ts at the airport, he now knows how snow feels like. He knows knows what a rosti is and how it tastes like. He knows there are many different types of trains besides the usual choo-choo trains, the underground, but also the cogwheel trains. Oh yeah, not forgetting the train which transports cars inside a tunnel! He simply loves the train! On top of that, he has learned the art of self discipline! Putting Shawn Eamon to bed at night used to be a super-duper difficult task. However, he was extremely cooperative during the whole trip and went to bed at 9-ish every night simply because he didnt want to miss anything the next day. He didn't make any fuss about most of the things that we had anticipated but was very easy to deal with. What should I tell this lovely and cooperative nephew of mine? "You will be included in my next trip!"

All in all, I'm glad that I managed to organise the trip with only RM5300 per person. That include airfares, accommodation (2 nights in London and 5 nights in Switzerland, food, car rental, petrol, and entrance tickets). My cousin who went there with her family in May spent twice the amount I spent on accommodation, which is about RM3000 difference for 5 nights. Did she stay in posh hotels? Nope! She and her family stayed at 2-3-star hotels (only). If you have seen the pictures of the apartments that I rented, I'm sure mine was a better deal.

So how did I manage all these? It took time, proper planning, reading travel blogs, reviews, maps and etc. So this is my lifetime passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment